UTEN Program Manager Cliff Zintgraff visited Portugal on March 24 to March 31, 2009. This visit focused on training in market and commercialization assessment techniques for Technology Transfer offices, and also explored emerging research from key UTEN partner institutions.
About Researcher and Technology Meetings
During the trip, Portuguese TTOs arranged meetings with researchers to explore their technologies. The purpose of these meetings were to determine mutual interest in bringing technologies into the UTEN program as “living cases” with associated entrepreneur training. Meetings generally lasted thirty minutes. Researchers were asked to bring 10-15 minute presentations that focused on the market potential of the technology, including:
- BRIEF description of the technology
- The purpose of the technology – what purpose it fulfills in the market
- How the technology compares to existing solutions
- The potential markets for the technology
- Intellectual Property status of the technology
- Development status – is the technology working in the lab? In a market-facing product?
- Corporate formation status; any other important news about the opportunity
We understand you may not have been able to answer all these questions. That is OK – our goal was to see your potential and help you move forward.
For questions about this trip, please email Cliff Zintgraff at firstname.lastname@example.org.